[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”4.6.5″ custom_margin=”0px||0px||false|false” custom_padding=”0px||0px||false|false”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.3.2″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” width=”auto” custom_margin=”1em||0px||false|false” custom_padding=”1em||0px||false|false”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”4.3.2″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.6.5″ text_text_color=”#000000″ text_line_height_phone=”1.3em” text_line_height_last_edited=”on|phone”]
With the current lockdown that we find ourselves in and the recent attention that has been around mental health and how it affects people in their day to day lives. This article is about Reiki and how the energy helps with mental health conditions.
Being self-isolated and not being able to see friends and family in the normal way can have a massive impact on your mental health. This could be shown by how you are dealing with being stuck indoors permanently if you are at high risk, living by yourself and having to deal with the massive changes to your day to day routine.
I have close friends and clients that suffer with stress, depression and anxiety which has affected them in different ways. They have found that seeing me for regular Reiki sessions has helped them with coping with the conditions they have and even reducing the symptoms so that they can feel more balanced and able to feel positive about how they are feeling.
Some of the articles I have read online explain how Reiki has helped improve mental health and below are some of them that I would like to share with you.
What is Mental Health?
There is good mental health which can be described as having a balanced and healthy attitude towards life.
It is reflected in ones attitude that is influenced by different physiological, psychological, environmental and genetic factors.
Mental health can suffer in many ways and can be triggered by repressed traumas, chronic stress, physical illness, childhood and hereditary issues.
The result when mental health suffers can be shown in the following mental illnesses:
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Syndrome (PTSS)
- Eating Disorders such as Anorexia or Bulimia
How Benefits of Reiki can help with poor Mental Health
This energetic form of medicine encourages a healthy mind by helping the individual overcome the emotional, physical, spiritual and mental issues that are often the root cause of mental illnesses.
Reiki benefits the mental health of all by:
- Relieving stress
- Encouraging relaxation
- Relieving physical pain (acute & chronic)
- Releasing traumas remembered in the physical body
- Improving overall immunity
- Reducing blood pressure
- Detoxifying the body
According to the World Health Organization, depression affects approximately 400 million people around the world. When it isn’t properly treated, this condition reduces quality of life for sufferers and can lead to a number of serious consequences. Many different treatments exist for depression. However, regardless of the treatment methods chosen, patients dealing with the symptoms of depression may experience benefit from participating in Reiki sessions in conjunction with their professional treatment programs and methods.
The Dangers of Depression
Depression is a common condition that causes affected individuals to experience feelings of sadness, guilt, loss of interest in enjoyable activities, appetite disturbances, low self-esteem and sleep issues. It can affect people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, occupation or any other characteristic. Although depression may occur after someone experiences a trauma, such as a death in the family, loss of a job or a serious illness, it can also appear to occur without an apparent cause.
If left untreated, depression can affect the sufferer’s quality of life, as well as his or her personal relationships. Depression can also affect the individual’s professional life by impairing his or her ability to function while at work. In the worst cases depression may even result in total disability or death by suicide.
Because it can be so serious, finding effective treatment for depression is essential. Seeking a qualified professional skilled in therapy, treatment programs and talking with your physician is the first course of action. In conjunction with working with a professional team and program Reiki can help as an adjunct therapy.
Benefits of Reiki for Depressed Clients
Reiki can be beneficial to clients with depression in multiple ways. Some of the benefits of Reiki sessions for depressed clients include:
- Better sense of mental and physical balance – Reiki may help restore a person’s overall sense of balance, both in the mind and the body. This may help to improve the person’s mood and help him or her to overcome feelings of guilt and/or sadness.
- Reiki is relaxing – Depression is often accompanied by anxiety. However Reiki can be relaxing which may help to combat this anxiety. As the individual’s anxiety is relieved his or her depression may improve as well.
- Reiki puts the client back in control – Many people who are depressed feel like they are not in control of their own lives. When a client participates in a Reiki session he or she is doing something proactive, thus restoring some of the feelings of control.
- Reiki allows the client to connect with another person – One of the most common symptoms of depression involves withdrawing from friends and family or feeling disconnected from others. Reiki provides depressed clients with the opportunity to connect with a caring, compassionate practitioner, which may improve symptoms.
- Reiki relieves stress – Stress can contribute to the development of depression and ongoing stress can also worsen a depressed person’s symptoms. Reiki may help to relieve some of a client’s stress, which may in turn reduce the symptoms of depression.
This website explains in detail about the benefits of Reiki for Depression
I always appreciate feedback from my clients and here is one of the comments about how Reiki has helped with their mental health
I have been coming to see Sam for Reiki and Crystal Healing for about 2 years now.
I suffer with anxiety and depression and often find myself very low and full of worries. I often walk into Sam’s heavy and low. Struggling to cope because of these worries. It’s hard to find the right balance. But when I leave, I am calmer and physically feel lighter. I do feel the crystals energy and Sam clearing the emotions I carry during the session and it’s nice to go away positive and lighter.
My mental health really benefits from the reiki sessions and I always look forward to it. It’s part of my self-care now and I am so grateful.
Main Image courtesy of wokandapix at Pixabay